Parents and teachers who know me say I am uniquely gifted at communicating with young clients, resulting in a faster resolution of issues. For over 20 years, I have helped children, youths, and families in both the public school and private sector.
My specialties include goal-oriented play therapy and cognitive-behavioral therapies. I am also a therapist and certified instructor in Choice/Reality Therapy.
Because I worked extensively in the public school system, I know how to collaborate with educators, groups, and parents to address a wide spectrum of student problems and needs. I develop solutions that are workable.
EDUCATION and CREDENTIALS
- National Board Certified and Georgia Licensed Professional Counselor
- Registered Play Therapist (RPT)
- Certified in Choice/Reality Therapy with the William Glasser Institute
- Instructor and Therapist with the William Glasser Institute
- Doctoral degree in Counseling Psychology from the University of Sarasota
- Masters degree in Education and Specialist in Guidance and Counseling from West Georgia College
- Undergraduate degree from Oglethorpe University
- More than 15 years in private practice
- American Counselors Association
- Association for Play Therapy (APT)
- Georgia Association for Play Therapy (GAPT)
- William Glasser Institute
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society